Business Policy Specifications
Operating policy guidelines for key business processes on HCX
A thriving data exchange requires clear rules of engagement on various activities in the data exchange to ensure trust from all actors. The key list of policy candidates to be addressed is:
- 2.Defaulting/Deboarding policies
- 3.Dispute resolution policies
- 4.Access control (Data sharing) policies - which actor plays what role and gets to see which parts of data. These policies will then affect the visibility and access to domain specific attributes that will typically travel in the body of the data structures defined by the data exchange.
- 5.Business SLAs
- 6.Charges and fees - These would be policies around charges various data exchange entities will be allowed to levy on others depending on the role they play
- 7.Service rating policies - What would be the parameters and mechanisms to rate each type of actor on the data exchange.
The success of the data exchange will depend on trust and willing participation from its ecosystem players. Therefore, to ensure the success of the claims data exchange, its governing policies need to focus on enabling the ecosystem and gaining its trust. To ensure this, the following key policy design guidelines are recommended:
- 1.Policies should focus on enabling the ecosystem rather than monitoring or controlling it
- 2.Policy formulation should be done as an open consultative process to foster trust in policies
- 3.Rules of participation and disqualification should be transparently laid out
- 4.They should follow the principle of minimalism and be evolved over a period of time
Keeping these guidelines in mind, the following key policies guidelines are included in this version.
- 1.Access control (Roles)
- 2.Participant onboarding/deboarding
- 3.Grievance redressal
- 4.Event Audit
These policies are further being discussed in the current Policy Guidelines working group, and more robust guidelines are expected in upcoming versions of the protocol. Apart from these, business policy working groups are also working on other aspects as mentioned in key specifications, including the guidelines for operating rules for an HCX instance.